Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Who Will Be The Face of Morning Radio in Toledo?



What Station Will Regain Control Over The Air Waves?


Who Will Be The Face of Morning Radio in Toledo?
Written By: Jayi Kemp
Follow Me @Jayikemp on Twitter!!!


With the recent firing of long time morning host Andrew Z this past week, many people including myself want to know what will come of morning radio as we know it.

With most radio stations preferring to do national syndicated radio versus live local talent, one is only to assume that morning radio programs have faded from radio stations dials like Southwyck mall vanish from Reynolds road.

Radio may not be as prominent as it once was but what Andrew Z Morning Show did, was prove that there was still an audience out there.

Now with the debacle happening over at 92 sucks and syndication whores 107.3, 95.7, and 97.3 I am left thinking is Bob and Becky (93.5) all we have left?

I don’t know, I hope not, with the Andrew Z Morning Show all but in ruins, I cannot help but think back to a more fortunate time for radio listeners. I was bless with the sounds of Charlie Chuck and Mr. Tommy K blasting in my home in the morning, but what about 2011 audience, who will they have to be found of?

If I could make a suggestion to one of the other radio stations in our area (107.3,97.3,95.7) I would tell them this; turn off the syndication and get back to the microphone, Charlie you know you love hearing yourself on the radio, and brandi you deserve more than a mid-day show, make some adjustment and let those good old competitive juices flow again, Toledo needs it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment