Friday, October 29, 2010

Was She The One ...


Was She The One …
(That Got Away)
Written By Jayi Kemp




Have you ever found yourself amongst a crowd of people and felt alone, or have you ever walk into an empty apartment to be in disbelief that no one but you was there? If you have, don’t worry, you’re not by yourself, I too have been there.

Love is nothing like what they try to sell us on the television screen, sure you can relate to a lot of their situations, but that’s because acting is an art and it’s created either to express or mimic thoughts or situations that someone else has experience in real life (in my opinion).

And to this day, I have yet to see an actor or actress portray a character that accurately depicted me. Nope not yet, it’s hard for me to imagine someone being able to reminisce on my women like I can.

 I remember over the summer I was at a baseball game with some friends having a good time and out of nowhere Rani ran across my mind. I instantly want to reach out to her; it was as if getting in touch with her was life and death.

Rani and I had been broken up for sometime at that moment, and if our last encounter with one another indicated how we felt about one another, well then the feeling was not good. Rani and I had been together back and forth for several years and when I moved to Columbus; it all but sealed our fate.

But to those who have experience love with someone before, we know all too well that love is not predictable, in fact, love is anything but predictable. No one can determine who they are going to fall in love with, it just happens, sure we all have an idea of who want to fall in love with, or like a relationship with, but when it comes down to it, you can throw that criteria card out the window! Because in the game of love, stats just do not matter.

An that’s how I felt when I was thinking of Rani that day, I was thinking of her smile, her sincerity, her cooking … I thought of all the good things and put behind me the bad. Rani was the women for me, she was the reason why I wasn’t able to walk down the aisle with old girl, she was my heart and she is the women who completes’ me.

Which is the reason why I am writing this, instead of letting the women you think might have been the one actually be the one who has gotten away, make it right, do what you need to do to get her back. Dealing with my past as I prepare for a new future with Rani is not easy, we have a lot of skeletons, a lot more regret, but you know what, we are trying, love is not easy it takes a lot of hard work, but then again when has anything you wanted been easy. So if you can; find a solution with the women or man that you love and at least fight (not physical) for the one you love before you just let them walk on by, because you never know, they could have been the one!








No comments:

Post a Comment