Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Filicide!

Tia Thompson



Filicide!
Written By: Jayi Kemp and panel



If you have not heard by now well let me be the first to inform you, earlier this week there was a women with 2 of her 4 children in a car who ran into a light pole, but the catch is the women did it intentionally! Now I know there will be a lot of people saying, take away her children, and rightly they should, but my issue with this story is that Tia informed the police of what she did and why she did it, if it was not for her confessing then no one would had never knew!

So my concern is why is she being book and arraigned on double attempted murder charges when what she really needs is help, she said and I quote “she'd received notification that her welfare benefits were being cut off and explained that she could no longer support herself or her children.” So in her mind life looked hopeless, so she seen death as the alternative to fix the problem.

I am not saying she is right for her thinking, but I commend her on coming forth and speaking up on her situation regardless of how it may impact her immediate future, At least she did not kill her children, and now all 4 of her children are with relatives and hopefully in a better place. Get well Tia, and thank you for not adding on to the statistic that is known as filicide!

No comments:

Post a Comment