Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Do Platonic Relationships Really Exist Between Men and Women?

Can we really be friends?



Do Platonic Relationships Really Exist Between Men and Women?
Written By: Jayi Kemp

It may be an estranged word for some, but platonic as in non – physical, friendly, and even spiritually (check your dictionary) relationships with the opposite sex is not as uncommon as it once was. Non – sexually relationships are occurring more and more now of days, thanks enlarge part to society maturing on once sensitive topics.


There use to be a time not all that too long ago, where if you spotted a male associating with a female but was not exclusive with her, that man was instantly assumed to be gay by most outsiders looking in, but as I mention before, society has changed, and now both men and women are interacting with each other in ways many had not consider.

For example, when I go shopping I now call on my female counterpart for shop dates, clothing advice, etc … etc …, the sky is the limit! No longer do I have to call on my drinking buddies for trips to the mall and listen to their opinion as to what they think is in, I can now go directly to the source of whom I am looking to impress when I go out, and you know what, it feels good!

Platonic relationships may still be taboo for those who are in relationships with others, but I think with evolution and people removing unnecessary and very negative titles (in my opinion) away from people of a particular sex, I think the taboo – ness will be removed from the situation and both members of that relationship will begin to have open platonic relationship that they may have been having secretly anyways.

So how do I feel about platonic relationships?

Platonic relationships are good, I have several platonic relationships with women that I am blessed to say never proceed to the bedroom. Because as we all know a relationship, well at least to me, can only be called a platonic relationship if “SEX” never occurs. These women have become irreplaceable to me, they know me, I know them, and we accept each other as we are without any pretense, they get in a relationship, good for them, if I get in a relationship, they scream “good for me.”

Bottom – line, platonic relationships are possible only when both parties understand and respect that intimacy is not the desire course of actions, but the chemistry for something more genuine and long lasting is. Being platonic does not mean that you’re the next person in line either, it means that in spite of the physical attraction (if that is what draw ya’ll together) I see you as a fixture that I cannot possible live without, I want you as my rock, my confadone, and so forth, but to keep it short …

Do I think platonic relationships between the opposite sex can really exist, my response is this; Heck Yes, I know so without a doubt!

No comments:

Post a Comment