Sunday, October 24, 2010

Cleveland to Miami, he is still King James


So as I was browsing through the highlights of AOL.com on my desktop I came across this interesting article on popeater.com. The article was about an up and coming actor (in my opinion) Omari Hardwick who plays on TNT police drama “Memphis Beat”. In the Article Omari discusses how he has found inspiration from a basketball icon rather than in the traditional manner, at least publicly. The article was nice, no doubt, but what grasp my attention was the person Omari was making reference too, Lebron James, are you F@#king kidding me! Is what I thought, but after reading over and finishing the article I was reminded of who Lebron was to me before July 6, 2010, or should I say before the semi – conference finals against Boston game 5.

Lebron was Ohio, and Ohio loved Lebron, I don’t think before July 6, 2010 you could speak ill of Lebron James in the rural – est of areas in Ohio and not expected a beat down from a group of Ohioans who took offense to what you were saying. Because unlike the rest of the world we thought Lebron was going to bring us a championship home, heck we been thirsty for a national championship since Ohio State stun the University of Miami (way back when we were underdogs … lol). Lebron not only represent himself he represents Ohio while still living and working in Ohio. A year ago you could have gone to any local footlocker in Ohio and seen a pair of specialty made Akron Zip Lebron’s for sale, this year maybe you can get those joints in Akron, but you get what I am saying, Lebron was our hero, not like protective, but more so as inspirational. And after reading this article on popeater.com I know realize the King was needed on a more global scale, I know seeing Lebron will never bring me the happiness as it would seeing him in a CAVS Jersey and parading Downtown Cleveland by the Q, but I will still be happy for him, and even though I don’t have my go to small forward when I am playing as the CAVS in 2k11 (greatest basketball game ever) I still play in non – online competition (well I try, if you pick Boston or LA, Miami is a no brainer … duh) . Basically what I am saying publicly, is that I am proud of you Lebron no matter if you are wearing wine and gold, or black and red, you still King James to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment