Saturday, October 23, 2010

Election Season ...


Election season is right around the corner and with the impending election season just days away, we are witnessing (local) media put the spotlight on candidates like never before, which has given me a whole new perspective on the Representatives who have been representing our communities over the years. And that new found perspective has me wondering, is it time for a change?
I am all for giving (most) our elected officials their full term in position, heck, I even believe in 2nd terms (besides Carty) but I think life long positions or constant renewal positions such as U.S. Representatives should have a term limit. Believe me I love Marcy as much as the next Toledoan does, but I am baffled as to why she is still a U.S. Rep when she can be so much more then what she limits herself to, I am not to thrill about Rich Iott and I still think Marcy is going to win hands down, but I think after this election year we need new blood, fresh ideas, someone who can relate to the new younger voter, just not Marcy, she has been the constant professional,  she is well respected and adored in Northwest Ohio, but she has not shown no evolution in her political career besides her cameo in Micheal Moore's latest film "Capitalism:  A Love Story", Marcy you have my vote this time, but next election don't be so sure, whats your take on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment