Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Maumee Theater To Become A Church … WTH!!!



Farewell old friend!!!






The Maumee Theater To Become A Church … WTH!!!
Written By: Jayi Kemp
Follow Me @Jayikemp on Twitter!!!

The originator as I tend to refer to it as has a new owner preparing to house the old Maumee movie theater off Reynolds road, but instead of it being purchased by another movie theater chain (which a lot of people were hoping) the movie complex was purchase by another mega church that wants to become the next MEGA MEGA church at least in my opinion.

Calvary blah blah (intentional disrespect) off Glendale took the opportunity to (I am assuming) finance its congregation away by trying to do it big in what I perceive as only a stupid way. Why would Calvary purchase this building? Why pay the 3 million for the building (awesome deal when you think the Pontiac Superdome went 500,000 lol) to only renovate it and destroy yet another portion of the Toledo metropolitan area many people (including myself) had grown fond of! 

We already lost $6 dollar movie tickets on Tuesday, but to renovate the cathedral of all movie theaters … flat out sucks! Is it really necessary to renovate a 18 theater mega movie complex that brought joy to the city with its non-bias approach to appealing to the masses? 

I think not, but Calvary has stated its looking to expand its outreach ministry so who knows, this could be a great thing … lol. I mean there is only places like the Cherry St Mission who could use a little donation in its effort to keep the massive amounts of homeless people in our city out of the cold, but just like so many (and I am being polite when I say this) Lord Oh we exalt you, two faced, cowardly, vindictive, beat my spouse, but cry at the altar saints walking around in sheep clothing but are really whores and predators, it’s all about self glorification first and second tier citizen next to less.

I cannot lie, it would give me great comfort to do nothing more but attend their countless services (which I know they will have) and not give ties or pay offering only to watch the bank be force to foreclose on the property, but will that happen, I don’t know, but I do know this, if Calvary goes ahead and makes this still viable movie theater complex into a mega church, that building will lose all property value if Calvary is not able to maintain that building, which will put a sour spot in the city of Maumee that I am not sure if the city will be to enthuse to maintain at that point.

Food 4 Thought: Running a church is not to off from running a business, your being rides on public support, without members and members who are faithful (pay their tithes) how can a church stay afloat unless it has private backing. Being that most churches are not franchised but independently ran you have to wonder how Calvary can appeal to a metropolis that is already embody with several mega churches in the area. The last thing a business wants when preparing an expansion is public dislike, and if I know one thing, I am not the only person frowning on this news, not because they want to expand, but why do they want to destroy another Toledo area landmark?



No comments:

Post a Comment