Monday, December 20, 2010

In My Opinion Courts are too impartial to women! (My Take on the Morenci 3)



How will this story unfold?


In My Opinion Courts are too impartial to women! (My Take on the Morenci 3)
Written By: Jayi Kemp

Since The day after Thanksgiving Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan have been covering the case of the missing 3 Morenci boys who have yet to be located. First people (including myself) feared for the worst after several days had pass, but with having an uncooperative father in custody after a near attempt at suicide the story took a turn in a new direction, could this not be a murder case but a crime of love?


Father of missing 3
It has been said that the boy’s father took them to Sandusky, Ohio and placed them in the hands of a organization for what I assume to be an act of love! I don’t know, and I can only speculate as to what may had occurred, but I am not going to spend time coming up with theory when I can just watch this play out like the rest of you and see what happens. We may never know the exact truth, but I have a feeling that this case is bound to put these family courts under investigation, because like most rational people know, the courts are too impartial to women!

Know what your signing
Did you know at the time of birth that a women will appear in the room before the child is allowed to go home and inform the man (if he is present) that she needs him to sign some paperwork without disclosing in full as to what he is signing! Without thought I did this twice and if needed to do so now I would perhaps do it again with little hesitation, but that’s only because I know I am signing over my rights as parent an assuming financial responsibility for my child.

That’s right, that piece of paper is really a big deal, in a couple of signatures you are signing over full – custody of that child to the mother, but accepting responsibility of a child that if the mother wanted to be a fool (and they tend to act crazy) could legally prevent you from seeing without going down to the family courts and petitioning for a custodial agreement to be put in place.

Losing Isaiah the motion picture
That’s really foul in my opinion, but that is just one occurrence, believe me, there are a lot more, and that makes me wonder, why are the courts so sympathetic to women? I know women give birth and for the most part are wonderful parents, but there are exceptions with women, just like there are exceptions with men, so why are women given opportunity after opportunity to get it together, but the man is catching the short end of the stick from day 1!

Remember the movie “losing Isaiah” where Halle Berry played a crack head mother who was struggling with her addiction and had a child. Eventually Halle’s character was stripped of her parenting and Isaiah was placed with a family who not only was open to raising a child from another race, but was sincerely excited for his arrival. But just like most family court systems, they sympathize with the mother gave her a second chance eventually and life went on.

Click here for Shaniya Story
But what about that little girl in North Carolina who’s mother was letting grown men pounce on her at the age 5 and she eventually was killed in a horrific way because this mother should not had, had even visitation rights. I understand it’s a tough call and without a criminal record or mental health information to go off of its difficult for a court system to make a decision in a fathers, but something needs to be done. Whenever a child is placed in a home from an agency like CSB in Toledo, Ohio there are case workers placed with the children to in my opinion ensure that the parents are not neglecting nor abusing the children.

Social workers could be the solution
Call me silly but I would like to see a system put in place where social workers expanded to divorce courts. Instead of just listening to testimony from the people who are advocating for their selected party, I feel like putting a case worker in the parents’ home, in the parents face would help these courts come with a more impartial decision. Because when I look at the Morenci father of the missing 3 I see a man who is willing to put his life on hold to ensure that his children are safe and away from harm at all cost, and if that means kidnapping his boys and going to jail to ensure that his children do not return to their mother well then that’s what he has to do!

In my opinion there is more then what meets the eye in this story, and while a lot of spotlight has been shed on this man’s silence how come the mother has been virtually silent, I don’t know, maybe the media is just going with the headline catcher, but I would think we would hear more from her about the situation. I am not saying the father is not guilty, or advocating that all fathers want what’s best for their children, all I am saying is being a parent is not an easy job and sometimes parents have to make decision to ensure their children’s safety and well being an sometimes that is easier said than done. Being a parent means being responsible for the life and well being of others, but how many parents are actually doing this; and that’s my Food 4 Thought, chew on that!






1 comment:

  1. True, true, but yet instill I think the courts defer over to the women more often then not because women are the natural care takers, it is instilled in us to nuture our children, someone women have allowed themselves to bypass this notion, but most have not. Just because you have a few bad apples does not mean you have a bad tree.

    ReplyDelete