Monday, October 24, 2011

REFLECTING BACK WHILE LOOKING FORWARD





Maddy Versus The Potty




REFLECTING BACK WHILE LOOKING FORWARD
(Parenting 101: Potty Training)
Written By: Jayi Kemp

For me parenting is as much about instruction and raising my children in the manner in which I feel they should go in as well as reminiscing and witnessing the portions of my childhood I cannot remember threw them.

Because like all adults SHOULD now, the human mind does not began to really record the events of our lives till around the age of 3 or so from what I been told.


So to be able to help my children become the functioning adults that I want them to be is a huge blessing for me, because I am able to see them do something I never got to witness for myself, such as potty training.

Recently I was fortunate enough to have the time in my schedule to be able to help my youngest child learn the art of pooping, or pottying as some refer to it as.

And it was an experience I will take to the grave with me, a lot of people said I would not be able to succeed with potty training as quickly as I did, but by the grace of God and 72 hours of continuous around the clock training my daughter and I were eating gummy bears and hi – fiving one another after every flush.

There is no real moral to this story; this is just a proud father simply smiling happily because he was able to teach his daughter how to flush …

Go Maddy

No comments:

Post a Comment