Sunday, October 30, 2011

Cassidy's Fall Harvest Talent Show (Family is it Thicker then love)







Cassidy's Fall Harvest Talent Show
(Family is it Thicker then love)
Written By: Jayi Kemp

I always assumed that when I started to produce offspring's that I would settle down with the mother of my children, marry, and live a life with her and our children that I only seen on the TV screen growing up.Unfortunately for me though,  that fairy tale did not come true. 


So when it came time to go to our oldest daughter's first Fall Harvest Talent Show last week, my entourage was not of what some would deem as the "social norm", but more so of the "social relevant." Because my group consist of a aunt, grandmother, little sister (same mother), and one proud daddy (me), instead of what some expected to see when coming to a school function, mother, father, sister, & brother.


But nonetheless, the show must go on, and so the show did go on, I had a blast, even though my oldest is only in Kindergarten and her performance was a group showcase versus the individual performance we seen from the older kids prior to her.



And I do not want to toot my horn, but I had never heard, brown leaf, yellow leaf, song so beautifully before, I snap and recorded that video like the proud father that I am, and then after the show we  were welcome to some international potluck, which was thee best.

All in all it was a great experience, one I recommend every father doing, and even though it was not with the cast I had in vision when I started working on my family, I see it was with the ensemble who cares the most :)




1 comment: