Thursday, November 10, 2011

#BeInspired




Final Tweet #BeInspired






#BeInspired
Written By: Jonathan “Jayi” Kemp
Facebook.com/Jayikemp
Jkempga419@gmail.com
Twitter:Jayikemp

Being that I am a social networking junkie like so many others I know, I could not think of a more befitting way to leave this earth but by updating my demise right before it occurred. Unfortunately for myself and so many others, we do not know exactly when we will die, so waiting to time are greatest stat or tweet, would be futile, unless we were considering suicide, which I hope no one is not considering (please don't).

But for individuals such as the late great Heavy D (RIH), they have no need to wait to post a great stat or tweet, that's because everything they say or do is so great. I do not know about you, but I have been in love with Heavy D since I was child (please, no homo) I loved how Heavy and then MC Hammer were always different then the rest of the wolf pack, they were themselves and I admire them for it.

However, Heavy always appealed more to me because of our similarities, we were both yellow and chunky. Found of the ladies and had great dancing skills for our weight (well he did). So when I heard about his death this past week, it was safe to say I was really sadden. 

It is hard thing to lose an icon, someone you look up to, and it's even harder to say good - bye when you know in your heart they were cheated out of life, a cat like Heavy should of seen his 80's if not greater base on his positive public demeanor.

I can honestly say I never recalled Heavy beefing with hip - hop artist, or being a negative person, whatsoever, all memories I have of Heavy are found memories, he was a great actor, singer, rapper, dancer, and tweeter, who blessed us with his greatest tweet for last #BeInspired.


1 comment:

  1. Heavy D was amazing. I was almost brought to tears when he was on the BET awards. He moved as if he was 20 years younger. I want to leave a legacy when I go. Not a legacy of money, but a legacy of faith and spirituality. I aspire to inspire and touch the lives of many. Everyday with the gifts that God has given me. Through song, my words, and just my presence. I want to be appreciated for that. carry on

    ReplyDelete