Sunday, November 20, 2011

HOLY TOLEDO, TOLEDO HAS TALENT!!!




Tracy The Rarebreed Hayes




HOLY TOLEDO, TOLEDO HAS TALENT!!!
Written By: Jonathan “Jayi” Kemp
inbox.Jayikemp@gmail.com
Twitter:Jayikemp

For years I turned a deaf ear to local music, because like many people I know, I felt local musicians were not being authentic about the artistry. Every local album I could recall growing up in Toledo sucked, if I had to keep it honest, it was always like cats wanted the recognition but never wanted to put forth the effort to make their music better then what it could of been. And for someone such as myself, that cause me to go mute on a lot of local music circulating throughout the city.


CHIEFALONE
And to be honest with you, if it was not for my home girl Morgan suggesting to me I should check out this EX album on Myspace a few years ago I would had been lost on Toledo music all together, but "Aquafina Gina" restored my faith in Toledo artist and the music that they were putting out here on the streets.

I TOOK THAT PHOTO
So fast forward a few years later, my home boy Tracy is throwing a event at Main St Bar & Grill on the east side of Toledo and let me tell you something, the atmosphere was electrifying, the music was amazing, the crowd was in it, and all I seen was a pool of local musicians tearing down the stage one performance at a time.
Cleveland's Z107.9 On Air Personality
Lil'D
Everyone represent, I seen members of U.G.E., Hustle Hand, and so forth in attendance that night. I heard spoken word, R&B, Hip - Hop, and spunky commentary from Urban Toledo's adopted daughter and Cleveland's Z107.9 on air personality Lil' D.

UGE ARTIST AYEDEE
The event was banging and the music was for real, it was such a good look for Toledoan's that I couldn't put all my thoughts in word, so I thought I would just share some photos with you from the event, I hope you like 'em ...

MIDWEST TONE
LOL OOPS YOUR GOING HAVE TO GO TO FACEBOOK TO SEE THE REST LOL :) ...






No comments:

Post a Comment