Monday, December 12, 2011

WHY WAIT LETS MAKE A DATE, PLAY DATE ....


My Daughters socializing with their new buddy Braylon 

When I first became a parent I was real "funny" about who I would introduce my daughters to, I sort of adopt this notion that my daughters were to precious to just be around any and everyone. So I, being a naive new parent secluded my daughters off to everyone besides the ones I felt they were safe to be around, i.e. their mother & I.


Interacting with Alicia's cell phone

Reflecting back on those ideas now, I am not sure what was exactly wrong with me at that time, but I know for certain, my train of thinking was foolish. A child can not sustain with only their mother, father, and siblings, they need to have interaction with other children and what better way to do this but in the form of a play date.
Why are children so obese with cell phones?
Being that I am a single father of two little girls now, I find these play dates to be amazing, my children get to interact with other children and form possibly life long friendships with kids their not related to or in school with, and I get support from parents who have either gone through what I am going through, or are sharing the trials, tribulations, and triumphs of parenting like I am.

Braylon & Cassidy bonding from day 1
Either or, play dates, are not something all parents use as an excuse to hook - up with another single person, nope play dates are now fast becoming the support group that I never knew had existed before, and every single parent can use a little support, or friendly ear from someone who is going through the similar situation, #Playdates.

Jonathan "Jayi" Kemp
Inbox.Jayikemp@gmail.com
(419)460-0933




No comments:

Post a Comment