Sunday, January 15, 2012

ON-LOCATION W/JAYI KEMP:NOTHING WILL CHANGE WITHOUT ACTION (MEETING)

Nothing Will Change Without Action Meeting

Yesterday I went to go show my support for Mr. Albert Earl and company with their endeavors in "our" community. I haven't seen to many individuals take an interest in wanting to do something in Toledo other then Facebook their frustration about what the Blade reports in "our" community, so yesterday I went to his Nothing Will Change Without Action Meeting over at the Fredrick Douglas Building and was really enlighten by what I seen.


Event Coordinator: Albert Earl

I seen a cesspool of under - resource, poor, mislead, and under inform individuals being hoodwinked by educated black men who have done little but have said a lot. Seriously I say this un - jokingly; how the hell do you have a group of 50 educated, career driven, smart, professional black men who claim to be for the community but have done so little to advocate change in "our" region, other then sit down for reporters and pose in front of cameras?


Last week I was there at there rally for Fannie Mae Smith, this week I was there at their meeting at the Fredrick Douglas Center and for the next event (if invited after this) I will be there, but being that I was once one of those children who got swept between those cracks with no real father figure in my adolescent years or positive black role model to be influence from, I know what it is like to be in the predicament so many of those young brothers and sister I seen at the meeting are in.

Members of Velocity Heights

And it pains me to think that corruption or deceit may be in the hearts of some of the members of 50 Village, but at this point in time, it is what it is. You see my motivation for change is now buried at Woodlawn Cemetery, and guess what, he ain't coming back, so when it comes to individuals advocating "shit" in my community, I hope they are doing it because they feel lead to, and not because they see a opportunity to capitalize of the community who has demonstrated how incapable they are at comprehending.

Harsh, but at this point in time, harsh is what is needed, we can't heal wounds while we are steadily picking at them. We have to dig deep and convicted ourselves and hold each other accountable, so I say what I say not to discourage them, but to commend them and let them know, God does not like ugly and if it was this easy for a blogger such as myself to resource your organization and info-structure then maybe 50 Village needs to cleanse themselves before going forward.

President of 50 Village Lawrence D. Tribble jr.

Because honestly "Toledo" needs you guys, we just need you guys to be right by "us" and we will support you ... yesterday I heard you guys say y'all need others, well here I am ...

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you gave your true opinion. I was not able to make the meeting due to a scheduling conflict. But, I can agree with a lot you are saying. Styling and profiling, does not stop killing and robbing. I am waiting to see just what is going to be planned and eventually implemented to make a change in our communities. I do not live in the inner city, but the issues are not secluded to one area in the city. It's just that the inner city seems to be the most infested. Nice blog! Keep up the good work. carry on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, you are so right, being flashy is not getting us anywhere, we don't need another Al Sharpton or Rainbow Coalition, we need some real change not talk ...

    ReplyDelete