Sunday, January 22, 2012

On-Location W/JAYI KEMP: CLUB BABELON

Toledo @ Night


There once was a time in my life where going out on the weekend was my religion. I lived for it, I learn from it, and occasionally on Sunday morning, I repented for it. The clubs and I were synonymous with one another, Wednesdays at Jalapenos: Jonathan, Thursday at Chasers: Jonathan, Friday at Mano's: Jonathan, and to top things off, on Saturday was the Blueprint: Jonathan.



I was a clubber, local, regional, international (Canada) I loved to go out get drunk and flirt with as many women as possible when I was 21, but now that I am 28 things have changed for myself, and no matter how relevant Lil' Wayne still may be today, there is a big difference in the rapper that our youth knows today and the N.O. rapper I once use to listen to religiously.

But that's a good thing, it shows growth and evolution on his part, however what does that say about a 28 year old man, clubbing in the same building that was once the eclipse years ago when I first meant my favorite musician of all time, Mr. Lyfe Jennings. 



To me that says no growth, but luckily for myself, that is not the case here, I was at Babelon on business, celebrating Jay Rush's birthday with him, when I happen to have this epiphany.



I'm grown, yeah I might say silly things on Facebook periodically, but for the most part I am a grown man who is no longer able to identify with the group of children clubbing at the local kicking it spot. I don't claim no block, I just contribute towards my property tax, I don't front about wealth, accomplishments, or how many women I have been with, now I sit back in like a advisory role, trying to mentor my love ones on the do's and don’ts so that may have a more prosperous life then I, last night was a revelation, a good one at that, so I thought I would just share it with you, and once again I am alive and well, thank you all for all of your calls and concerns, so until the next time, deuces, I am off to church :)




No comments:

Post a Comment