Thursday, February 16, 2012

ON-LOCATION W/JAYI KEMP: JAY RUSH & VAUGHN ANTHONY

National Recording Artist; JAY RUSH & VAUGHN ANTHONY

So the other day I was bless with the opportunity to go do a show with Jay Rush down in Dayton, Ohio to perform at a women's correctional facility. Being that I never have shot on-location (as I refer to them as) at an all women's prison before, I happily said yes!

Chilling with Tracie Brown & Jay Rush
And let me tell you guy something; it was amazing, not only did I get the chance to see the big homie perform live for the first time ever, I also got to meet Vaughn Anthony, Tracie Brown and chill with this house band from the Dayton area whose music selection was OUTSTANDING.

But with all of those amazing performers that I just mention, the one act that stood out to me the most was the only act not making a special appearance?

And that act was the Hip – Hop trio of ladies known as; OPMD.

OPMD performance was very exclusive, they don't have music circulating around the block, they aren't on tour, they are a group of women doing time in Dayton for different reasons who put on a crazy show the other night.

There 3 song set, gave me goose bumps, their versatile and ability to hold a note was un-expecting, and their choreography was mind-bottling, OPMD performance was something I would had expected to see in the Apollo, not in prison.

Jay Rush Chilling @ Club Vault in Dayton
OPMD reminded me of how passionate one could be about anything if they put forth the time, not 1 member was WACK and not 1 obstacle stop them from delivering a dope performance, OPMD, was the illest oxymoron I seen in a long time; incarcerated/ professionals. Till the next time people, this is Jayi Kemp, and I am out!


No comments:

Post a Comment