Saturday, November 20, 2010

Good Morning Toledo (Wake Up Parents)


Good Morning Toledo!
Written By: Jayi Kemp

Parenting:101


Well it’s been approximately 17 days since I lasted posted on Jayikemp.com, and since that time it seems that Toledo has gone through a lot of Bullshit in that short span of time! The murder rate went from 21 homicides to 22 murders, crime is still escalating, and stupidity is at an all time high. Just yesterday I read an article about someone being shot on Lagrange over an incident involving a bike! Yes I said a bike, but that’s not the biggest blonder of the month, I have to give my nomination to the family who saw it fit to beat a man into a vegetative coma for peeing on their car (jayikemp.com/pleasepissonthetree). 

I am not advocating peeing on peoples cars, but how do you justify a vegetative coma for peeing on a car, you don’t! It amazes me how society evolves but their citizens don’t! Since 2008 Toledo has average more than 20 murders per year, and from the looks of things, 20 will become the new minimum for our region, but I guess when you compare Toledo to a city such as Oakland, California that reach triple digit homicides in the past few years, well then, nothing’s wrong!

But here is my thinking, why do we as Toledoans try to compare ourselves to others and make the assessment that since our crime rate is nowhere in comparison to the likes of Detroit so that we are okay? Crime is crime, and any crime being committed, especially murder is simple not needed it. Just a few months ago the city of Toledo started taking applications for its police force, the response was incredible, but what good is a police force or its recruits going to be to a city that wants to live in chaos, be uncivil, and do everything under the sun but decent towards one another. In my opinion it’s time for people to start being real with one another again, if you have a neighbor and she is not doing what she needs to do to raise her children, or if that man is advocating or grooming his children to be henchmen, they need to be reported and stopped!

It does take a nation to raise a child, anyone who says different is lying, I know I entitled this Good Morning Toledo, but really it is my call to parents to wake up and be more responsible!  


No comments:

Post a Comment